What an awesome way to say I’m still crazy about you! Painting this honeymoon pic got me thinking about all the possibilities.
Custom art gifts are brilliant because of the message they send: I see you. I know this [whatever it might be] means a lot to you, so I hired an artist to create something I knew you would treasure.
It’s hard to grasp just how much people freak out until you experience it, which makes it a bit challenging to get the word out. I thought this might help….
Here is a list of ideas & common obsessions (I’ve painted most of these already and they work great!):
- Dream car (past, present or future)
- Romantic pic, wedding, honeymoon, etc.
- Portrait done as a cheesy glamour shot
- Maternity /baby belly
- Motorcycle, manned or unmanned
- Dream boat (past, present or future)
- Vacation photo/memory
- Kids playing
- Music, jam session
- Engaging in any hobby or sport
- Portrait done as a fictional or game character
- Inside jokes
- Anything symbolic of your friendship
- Their custom built home or beach house
- Abstract/nightscape of their lesser known city or town
- Anything set in outer space
- Safari photo/memory
- A photo they’re proud of taking
This gift has staying power, it won’t end up in the trash or re-gifted. Every once and a while I get an email from a client or recipient with a picture of where they hung their painting after moving to a new house. Years later! Totally cool.
Commissioned art is where it’s at for me. I’m not looking for awards or planning an exhibit…. I love painting for others and creating big smiles! Call me any time!